Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Being Productive

It's common knowledge that being productive is a challenge. I often find myself stuck in a rut, unable to be fully productive. I might get part of something done, but I'll get distracted trying to complete it. Being productive is hard. For me, I end up sleeping or watching something on Netflix when I should be doing homework or studying. When I am at school, I end up with days where I am really productive and days where I can't get off my lazy butt for the life of me. 

Anyways, I'm on spring break, and I'm surprisingly being productive. Maybe I needed a change of scenery in order to maximize my productivity. I'm not really sure why I am working so diligently on my homework. Maybe it's because it's mainly writing that I have to do. Having to write for a class is different than writing for fun, but it's writing and it interests me. Sure, I am doing an assignment, but it allows me to be creative and write what I want to. It also helps me find things to write about for fun, which is really cool.

Whether it be homework or writing for fun, I've actually been really productive these past few days. I have no idea what sparked me to be productive as opposed to just lounging around all day. I also have no idea where I am going with this post. Maybe I just wanted to share a few thoughts on productivity and how I have actually managed to be more productive than I have been in several months. I assume it is because school can be draining. There are assignments constantly being thrown at you (sometimes it feels like getting hit in the face with a brick and then run over by a bus), and it can be hard to find a rhythm to getting all of the work done without pulling an all-nighter. I almost never find the time to finish it all without the stress that comes with the assignments, so it surprised me at how productive I've been this week. Maybe having a whole week that allows me to do things at my own pace without rushing to get something done is helping my productivity. I don't really know, but I am pleasantly surprised. 

For those who find yourselves stuck in an unproductive hole, know that you can get out of it. Perhaps try to avoid the things that distract you from doing your work, you might find that it helps. I've been trying to avoid sitting on the couch and watching Netflix, and I'd say it helped me out quite a bit. Good luck with being productive and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment